Friday, June 19, 2009

Rises and Falls

I'm a big fan of So You Think You Can Dance. That's not actually what this post is about... I just thought it would make an interesting opener. Anyway, one of the dances they draw on that show is the Viennese Waltz. This dance is known for its rises and falls. Today I must have drawn the Viennese Waltz.

I woke up as usual at 4:53am, said my prayers, rolled out of bed (in that order), and headed for the shower. I'll skip ahead a little. I got to work just as the world's most beautiful sunrise was occurring. I would have alerted you all, but I doubt you would have appreciated it.

I soon remembered that it was payday! Sure enough..there in my box were my checks. With my checks this week, however was a lovely yet official letter informing me of a small raise in wages and commission rate, as well as a short note of gratitude for pulling some extra weight. Oh, the fabulosity of being appreciated!
Naturally the rest of the morning went beautifully as I was now in a remarkable mood. At one point we received a marketing call that also happened to be my friend Derek. Serendipitous.

On the way home from work (lunch time) I stopped by Subway for some $5 footlong action. Of course, my absolute favorite sandwich is not available at that price, so I paid an extra $1.50. While the stranger in plastic gloves was preparing my toppings, I noticed two young police officers at the table in the corner.
***Important Interruption***
A few months ago, a woman that works out at Curves tried to set me up with her friend who is a police officer. This never occurred as he expressed (without knowing me) that he was completely uninterested in going out with me. Since this incident, I try to look painfully attractive around police officers.
This was difficult in this situation as I was in cutoff sweats and a t shirt with yesterday's hair nastily tied back, but I did what I could and put a little sass in my step on the way out.

After lunch I got some painting done, then headed out to enjoy some sun. The pool was about 104 degrees Celsius (slight exaggeration) so I planted my floatation device awkwardly in the middle of the grass and took in some vitamin D for about 15 minutes before realizing how ridiculous I looked/felt. Nobody could really see me, but I'm sure the angels were snickering. Mom had the idea of washing the cars since I was in my bathing suit -- Genius.

After a shower and some serious primping, I headed out in my newly-washed, shiny car to visit with a few friends before catching a show. This would be a good place to interject that my hair looked remarkably awesome for such a humid day. The visit was lovely and long overdue, but did make me late for the show. I got to the theatre about five minutes into the movie (Up) but did not let this deter me from getting a Diet Coke. The fact that this theatre only carries Pepsi products did, however. I settled for a mediocre beverage then headed in. Cute flick.

All available options for activities after the show seemed unappealing for one reason or another, so I stopped by the store and headed home. Something must have happened at some point because by the time I pulled into my driveway, half a bag of miniature candy bars was missing and had been replaced by empty wrappers. Don't look at me!! I don't know!

Anyway-- I realized that after all that preparation I spent the evening in the dark. I hate wasting good hair.

3 comments:

KP said...

i was just thinking what the girl above commented....i LOVE your posts. they are great. so are you. miss you. come to az. immed. :)

Mom said...

I love your posts and the way you think! Sassy and all!

The Plaisted's said...

I just love you! And I really miss you! Its been too long since we have chatted. Maybe I will send you a text asap!