Thursday, June 18, 2009

Very Superstitious

So I was sitting here gazing at my lame, out-of-date blog wondering what I should write next when I noticed it was 11:11pm. Here's something some of you may not know about me: I am a compulsive wisher. A flood of thoughts came to my mind and I thought I would share with all of you (as unlucky as it is) the first ten in the series of things that I wished.

I wished:
  1. that the back bedroom of my parents house would paint itself so I could move in.
  2. that I could afford not to live in my parents house.
  3. that I would get a new job that paid more.
  4. that my current job would pay me more so I wouldn't have to get a new one.
  5. that I didn't have to get up so early for my current job tomorrow.
  6. that I hadn't had so much caffeine that I was still awake at 11:11pm.
  7. that I had MORE Diet Coke right this second.
  8. that more Diet Coke really could solve any and all of my problems.
  9. that I had MORE Diet Coke right this second.
  10. that I hadn't looked at the clock in the first place and had gone to bed so as not to waste any further time on this nonsense.
  11. ... I only promised ten.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You think fun things and write about them so they are fun for others as well. Thanks for sharing. It is 1:33am by my clock and I am wishing you sleep soundly till you have to get up and that your painting gets done soon so that you can get on with your other wishes. Love you!

- jeana said...

i'm SO glad i'm not the only compulsive dreamer! too many thoughts floating through our heads and not enough caffeine in the WORLD to help us! sleep better tonight xo

KP said...

i think "somebody" is addicted to diet coke! :) miss u.