Monday, October 12, 2009

Water works...

Last week, I went to the beach in Southern California to camp with my sister and her kids. Had a pretty good time, but would not have survived without a connection to the outside world. My cell phone pretty much never left my side. Was it tricky keeping it out of the sand and ocean!? Absolutely!
Upon our arrival home Thursday night, I sat on the couch to watch tv, sipping a glass of icy water. Ahh...heaven. My trusty cell phone sat on the cushion next to me. As I shifted in my seat during a commercial break, I heard the strangest sound. The only way to describe it is this: imagine a cell phone falling in the most unlikely way off of a couch and directly into a glass of ice water. (Oh, the irony.)

One evening and a few hundred dollars later, I had found the new love of my life. Here's a picture!


Mine is berry colored with flowers tattooed on the back. Lovely. It slides two ways! Amazing. Don't think for a second that I haven't learned from this experience. This phone is insured should anything happen in the future... and stays FAR AWAY from standing water of any kind. :)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

It's a pretty awesome phone for sure! Almost makes me question my devotion to my Blackberry. Almost.

Brooke said...

It slides TWO ways??!! That is amazing. And I love the color!!!

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

Ames! I have the EXACT same phone, but mine is white!
I love it!

Jeremy said...

Way better than my phone which only slides one way... I can't figure out how it slides two ways with different keys and stay so thin tho.

Christopher said...

Way better than my phone--'cause I don't have one!
Too ironic by far, Ami. Loved it except for the fact that it cost you some $$$.