Sunday, February 7, 2010

Everlasting Bucket List

So... I've been thinking about goals a lot lately. Mostly the fact that I have none. Not that I don't ever make them... Just that I happen to have met all of my previous goals and have failed to make new ones of late. Everything I've come up with is not so much a goal as something I want to do someday.

This is what inspired the "Everlasting Bucket List."

It's ingenious! Each time I accomplish one of the tasks on my bucket list, I remove it and add a new one. Ha! What better way to ensure my immortality!? Fabulous.

I want you all to be in on it. I'm going to keep the running list on the sidebar of my blog. There will always be 15 tasks on the list, although they may change from time to time as I accomplish them. In the meantime, if you happen to think of any actual life goals you think I should adopt, please let me know. I'm clearly in need of direction...

9 comments:

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

Just read your bucket list.

You know, a couple of those things you could totally check off of your list in CA.

...I'm just sayin'...

Mom said...

Hmmmm....I think that is an interesting bucket list and a great idea for insuring immortality. I really think your list would make for a great novel premis in which a young single woman travels with your list in hand and in the process of doing all those things meets her Gunther and they proceed together to finish off her list while beginning one for them to do together. Can't you just see it as the number one best seller for young 20 something LDS women (and their moms)?

Ami said...

Hmm... possibly. I'll have to work on that, Mom. :o)

JKNicholas said...

Ami- I think your mom has a great idea! If I meet a Gunther, I'll be sure to send him your way too! :) I also think this list is a great idea... So, if you don't mind... I'm gonna steal it! :)

Mom said...

Hi there. Actually, passports aren't difficult to get and they are good for a long time. You could start with that one. Besides you'll need one for several other things on the list;0)

The Plaisted's said...

Ami you are the greatest! I think a return visit to Rexburg should be on the list or a goal to do in the VERY near future!

Derek said...

You are brilliant! I can't think of a better way to ensure immortality!-Erin

Matt and Angelica said...

For the goal, "Meet someone named Gunther." Is it fulfilling it if you meet someone with the last name of Gunther? I can help you with that one....

Andrew said...

Well, looking at your list, I could cross off, camping in the mountains and eating sushi. Yes, mom! I have eaten it.