Thursday, August 19, 2010

In the Raw... (no nudity)

Well, I did it. On August the 17th, 2010... I ate sushi. With the help and savvy of my good friend Jessica, I've actually accomplished a goal from the Everlasting Bucket List. This occasion was monumental enough to warrant photographic proof.


This is the sushi from a restaurant called Koni Grill. Looks okay, right!?


This is my mentor giving me the chopsticks tutorial.
And this...


Is me taking my first bite ever of sushi!


The verdict:
Sushi is disgusting. The textures, the flavors (or sometimes lack thereof) were a little off for me. there were a lot of things on the menu I would much rather have had. Will I ever have sushi again? It's safe to say it wouldn't be my idea. I'm definitely glad to have the experience! Thanks, Jess!


"Eat Sushi' has been replaced with "Get a Spray Tan" on the list.

4 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

i used to love sushi until i got pregnant. even after rian was born, it sounded disgusting & i can't stand the thought of eating it.

Brooke said...

I have only ever had a California Roll and apparently that is not "real" sushi. It was okay but nothing I crave.

Getting a spray tan is a great idea. I heard of a lady here that will come to your house and do it for $30. She even does spray tan parties. ha ha. You get yours free if you have one. Sounds good to me! I am debating doing it before family pics and our trip to cali.

Mom said...

Well, one item you can replace on that list. I think the look of it in the first pic would have discouraged me. Happy Birthday, by the way!

jessica said...

We might have to do the spray tan together too....it does remind me of "the real housewives of orange county". especially if we did go with the party idea. Thanks for being my sushi ward.