Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Glories of Youth

About the middle of the day last Friday, my friend Brooke asked me if I wanted to drive to Oklahoma City for a Shiny Toy Guns concert that night. It was supposed to start at 8:00pm, and I didn't get off work until 7:30pm, and it's a 1.5 hour drive. Anyone see a problem?!? We didn't either!!

So we ended up getting down to OKC around 9:20...which was actually pretty good. We figured both the opening acts would take about an hour anyway, so at most we'd miss a few songs. Perfect timing, right?! WRONG! What we failed to realize is that the directions we got from Google excluded a vital interchange. We drove around downtown for about 45 minutes before a friend finally called to give us better directions. It was actually a few miles OUT of town.

So by the time we got to the concert, they were playing the encore and we weren't going to be allowed in the door. The friend had apparently flirted enough with the lady at the door that she sent him to the back door to hear the end of the concert and told him he could come in when everyone was leaving to buy cds and what not. We met him at the back door...which put us backstage in time to hear two of my favorite songs (and see the back of the band). It was also just enough time to allow my clothing to soak in the smoke/beer smell. If nothing else, at least I would SMELL like I'd been to a rock concert.

We ran in afterwards, bought a cd (that we could have gotten at Wal-Mart), took a few pictures to prove we'd made it, grabbed some burgers and headed for home around 1:30am. Time of my freakin' life!!

4 comments:

KP said...

um can i just say how much i freakin LOVE your blonde hair..you hottie!! :)

Brooke said...

I am liken the blonde hair too. I need to see a more close up and with it down however. Can you arrange that? Sounds like an eventful evening!

Shauna said...

i like the blonde too. um, that's too bad about the concert--i went to their concert in pocatello this past semest. amazing.

Ami said...

What we heard was really good! And it was free...lol. I'll get right on the photos... Just as soon as I get my hands on a camera.