Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!?...

So...I had a few optional agenda items for New Year's Eve. One was a dance (1.5 hours away) full of desperately single adults eager to meet ANY unattached LDS kids within a 300 mile radius. Another was a branch "party" which sounded nearly identical to our last New Year's Eve party...and three parties we've had since. The last (and surprisingly least irritating option) was a midnight 5k they were putting on in Tulsa. More surprisingly..Brenda agreed to go with us.

The race started at 11:45 pm, fireworks went off at 12 (while we were running), and pizza was waiting at the end of the race. I can't think of a better way to start a new year! Burning calories and wasting NO time consuming more! It was a bit below freezing, but luckily the wind had other plans that night, so as long as you were moving, it was relatively comfortable. They served champagne at the water stops... because what all serious runners need during a race is carbonated alcohol. We chickened out and drank water in an attempt to rehydrate our bodies. We're just crazy like that.


Is that guy checking us out!??

Speaking of the New Year... I've decided to keep an updated list of my goals for this year on my blog. I'll have to put a star by them as they get done or something...


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

way to run the 5K. sounds like fun!! happy new year to you too!

Erin said...

You guys are awesome! I'll exercise vicariously through you!

The Plaisted's said...

Sounds just like you...dance? party? ummm...I think I'd rather run! I miss you so much and NEED to see you. Sadness

Mom said...

Just thought you should know (to start or resume your new year) that I LOVE YOU TONS! Complicated mind, simple thoughts and all! Best wishes for success on your 2009 adventures and goals.

- jeana said...

YES!! that guy is so totally checking you out!! find out who he is!!! :)