Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Escape.

I was recently listening to a Reliant K song with the lyrics, "I've gotta get out of here. I'm stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake." It was during this song that I came up with a completely new game plan. Let other people run my life!!!! Heaven knows I'm not doing a very good job.

You know when you see those ads for those really nice retirement homes for the elderly. These people have lovely living arrangements, nutricious, well-balanced meals, planned recreational activities, and plenty of channels. Does nobody else see the rockin'ness of this!?!? Why do I have to be 80 years old before I'm allowed to live it up?'

Okay. That was an extreme example. I'm gonna go slightly more mild. I'll start by taking suggestions. I need answers to the following questions: Where should I live next? What should I do for a job? Whom should I date? What hobbies should I take up?

Before you answer, please consider that this is my actual life we're talking about. Let's be reasonable.

8 comments:

Matt and Angelica said...

I know the answer to where should I live next. It's a simple answer really, Chicago

Brooke said...

No, not chicago!! :) Utah! you have family here, you could even stay with us or grandma and grandpa til you find a place. You could get a job at a number of different places here. Your family comes to visit here anyway so you would still see them and the best reason, I live here!! Plus it is fairly reasonble to live here. Oh I would be so happy!! :) Did I mention there are lots of cute RM's here???? Cuz there are!

Ami said...

Brooke, five years in Idaho didn't do me any good on the RM scene! I don't know if Utah could even help me there. I swore once (not long ago) that I would never live in Utah. Maybe Cache Valley doesn't count...

Brooke said...

Cache Valley shouldn't count. Just my opinion. :) If I am not being selfish and am thinking where I would want to try living, I would say you should live in Washington. There is family there too! Plus it is pretty and close to Portland and the coast and there is lots to do! Or anywhere else cool as long as I could come visit. Don't cross me off your list though. ha ha.

Brooke said...

PS, don't even compare Utah to Idaho. SO not even close!

Erin said...

Arizona, at a sports therapist's office, someone you meet out here, mountain biking and rock climbing. How's That?

Ami said...

That one's definitely at the top of the list, Erin. I'm working on it.

KP said...

AZ BABY. PLEASE.