Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Five Things I Probably Could But Wouldn't Want to Live Without

I happened to look at my cousin's blog the other day and noticed that she tagged me (rather persuasively) to list my five favorite things. I think it was more of an attempt to make me update my blog than anything else, but I'm down.
I started by making a list of everything I love, but the first 10 items were edible, and the next few were people. We'll just say these are in addition to food, friends, and family. Here we go!

1. Diet Coke -- Diet Coke is quite possibly the sweet nectar of the gods. No other soft drink comes close to the colossal joy I get when I take that first little fizzy sip of calorie-free goodness. Liquid bliss. Love in a can. This is what Diet Coke is to me.


2. Text Messaging -- If I couldn't text, I would lose contact with 90% of the people in my life. Sad, but true! I've always hated talking on the phone, and to this day, I avoid it when I can. Speaking on the phone opens up opportunities for sharing unwanted information and rambling. Texting allows me to maintain control of my level of involvement in the conversation. I'm never obligated to stay in a conversation longer than I wish, answer right away, or express any kind of emotion. Bottom line: Texting is impersonal and to the point. I love it!!


3. Going to the Movies -- My favorite passtime! The movies are always a good idea. Is it the sticky floor? Is it being in a dark room with strangers? Is it the kids kicking the back of your chair? It's hard to put my finger on the exact reason, but the cinematic experience is lovely. Even a bad movie can't always ruin a trip to the theatre!


4. Sales -- I am 100% opposed to paying full price. For anything. Ever. If I can't get it on sale, there's a good chance I won't get it at all. Either way, I'm saving money!!


5. Song Lyrics -- I am a song lyric junkie. I hate not knowing the words to the songs I like...and I hate it even more when I hear someone sing the wrong words to a song! I have a habit of posting random song lyrics as my Facebook status. Dorky? Yes. Can I help it? No. It's compulsive.


So there you have it. Five of my favorites. I could probably live without them...but why would I want to?!? Tagged: Kelli F, Holley, Megan P, Kellie, Shauna

5 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

I am so completely with you on the diet coke!! i'm even drinking one right now while catching up on blogs :)

KP said...

um wait. so i had diet coke for like the first time ever lastnight. and freak...its SO GOOD. no wonder you love it so much! i love the fact that it has no calories in it either hahaha.
yummy.

Matt and Angelica said...

Diet coke, movies, sales......you are spot on. Some of life's greatest gifts.

Brooke said...

Texting, how did I not think of that?? Eric hates it but i totally agree with you! Sales goes along with shopping and movie theaters go along with chick flicks. Great minds think a like!

You were MAYBE a little right with my intentions of tagging you. :) Thanks for humoring me.

Kelli said...

so I'm sitting here and I just saw you tagged me in this note...woo! I love reading your blog, it makes me laugh. I miss you TONS!