Friday, March 13, 2009

Popular Vote

Our stake has an annual adult prom. Normally my parents go... but since my mom's been "out of comission" I thought I'd go with my dad. So off we went in our snazzy duds to the party. (I know we have pictures, but I couldn't find any to post.)


It was lovely. The food was fabulous! Let me just say... my dad is quite the dancer! You can live with a guy your whole life and not know a thing about him, I swear. Anyway, I even had him attempting the electric slide at one point.


After dancing the night nearly away, we were winding down and getting ready to go when an announcer came over the microphone to announce the "2009 king and queen." Yup, you guessed it! Somewhat sheepishly we stepped up to the front to accept our sashes and my roses. Embarrassing. And I say I never win anything...

4 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks Ami for taking my date to the prom! He had a great time with you! And you both looked so ..."spiffy?" or is that too old school for you? Loved your little black dress and dad's outfit with the tux shirt and trimmings. I remember the word "magical" being used to describe the evening by someone at some point.

Brooke said...

Look at you go. Your luck is changing! Prom Queen today, a fabulous trip tomorrow!!

Oh and by the way, NOW it only says it has been 1 year since you updated. I think blogger is struggling a little....

Ami said...

No, I've been pulling posts from Facebook and another blog so I can keep it all in one spot! Blogger is right!

Shauna said...

that is awesome! prom queen...love it.