Monday, March 2, 2009

Love and Laughter

Haha. Okay, I hate to admit that I'm writing a blog post about The Bachelor, but it rekindled some memories and inspired some thoughts. Allow me to share!

So as most of you will have heard by now, Jason chose Melissa. Then tonight, after being with Melissa through the last few months, he broke up with Melissa and asked Molly (the other girl) for a second chance. Of course Molly was thrilled. Why does it not occur to her that he could get sick of her just as easily?! It brought up a little anecdote from my past... Some of you have already heard it.

I'm fairly certain I can safely share this story, since I'm 103% sure he'll never read my blog. A little over a year ago, my apartment was assigned a new apartment of boys for our FHE family. Two of my roommates and I went over Sunday evening to chat before we had FHE the next night. After FHE Monday night, one of my "brothers" pulled me aside and said, "Hey, I just feel like I need to let you know that I have a girlfriend." (sidenote: I don't think I gave him any reason to need to have this conversation.) He went on to explain that he still wanted to hang out with me..I should just keep in mind he has a girlfriend. I let him know I was completely okay with the fact that he was taken.

Long story short: He went to run errands a few days later with a roommate and myself and we were in the children's story section of Deseret when he sits me down to tell me that he's supposed to be engaged to this girl, but since he met me (4 days ago remember) he's been having second thoughts. "Do you think there's a chance between us?" Very flattering. Not super tempting. Why would I want to date someone who would break an engagement for someone he doesn't know?

I later found out that I made a fabulous call on that. As it turns out, he's an underwear recycler. Apparently it can air out while he showers. Don't ask how I found that out.

Truth be told -- I just like excuses to tell that story. It's much better in person!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

ha ha. That is a great story! Let me just tell you that after last night, I am no longer a bachelor watcher. (Well AFTER tonights show that is!:) I was so mad. What a jerk. He could have at least had the decentsy (is that a word?) to break it off NOT on national television and then to NOT start macking on Molly minutes after dumping his fiance. I hope if the ask Melissa to be the next Bacholorette that she says no. Honestly people, you are not going to find true love on this stupid show. Can you sense my hostility towards this dumb show.

I am done with it. Of course, after tonight :)

Derek said...

So gross about the underwear! Eew!

Derek said...

Oops-that was "Erin said". Derek would still think its gross but wouldn't say it in such a girly way!

Shauna said...

That is an awesome story!! Love it.

Ami said...

Brooke... I agree. I'll no longer watch desperate people grope aimlessly in the dark for love. Hah. (I felt awkward typing that, don't worry.)

Brooke said...

Hey, our cousin Dan is wanting more wolfley family email addresses. Could you email me some from your family? brooklie33@yahoo.com

Brooke said...

Any ideas why suddenly you are at the bottom of my blog list showing that the last time you updated was 2 years ago???? Hmm...that is weird.

Holley Sommers said...

LOL

Just Me said...

Ha ah ah ha ha, I'd totally forgotten that story. And he was an underwear recycler. Ew.