Sunday, March 29, 2009

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Lately I've been looking for some kind of inspiration about where to live. I've received no such inspiration. In fact, there seems to be very little pull on me in any particular direction. This leads me to believe that perhaps I should stay here until I do feel drawn somewhere. I realize, however, that in order to receive any kind of confirmation, we should "study it out". I've decided to make a list of pros and cons for you all to enjoy! Feel free to weigh in.

------The Official Pro/Con List for Ami Staying in Oklahoma------
Pro: Not paying rent.
Con: Not being independant.
Pro: Awesome storms.
Con: Tornadoes.
Pro: Sometimes it's 70 degrees in January.
Con: Sometimes it snows randomly in the Spring.
Pro: Small, close circle of friends.
Con: Limited possibilities for making new friends.
Pro: Fireflies.
Con: Mosquitos.
Pro: Keeping my job.
Con: Keeping my job.
Pro: Lower gas prices.
Con: Less places to go.
Pro: Being close to the family.
Con: Not all of the family.
Pro: Saving $$.
Con: Saving $$ very slowly.
Pro: Security.
Con: Lack of adventure.

I'm torn...

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hmmmmmm? At the risk of being considered inelligible to vote on this topic due to questions of conflict of interest, I have a vote. Stay where you are until you have a definite pull in another direction. "Life has a way of taking us where we are supposed to be..." I heard that somewhere. But keep your eyes and ears open to opportunities and possibilities. You never know what's coming down the road...or Who.

- jeana said...

GO! sometimes inpiration doesn't come until you make a move in one direction or the other. GO! if it's not right, you can always go back. (i think :)

Brenda said...

While it's true that you can always go back, you'll go back broke, so it's not always worth a try. I've done it both ways, and I'd say stay put until you feel drawn somewhere specific. It's easier on your savings!

Erin said...

Well, not to go against the family or anything,but I'm not sure I completely agree. Obviously, I'm not around much and privy to certain conversations, but it seems to me as if you've been feeling this sense of "confusion" for awhile. Confusion is an answer from Heavenly Father- meaning the path I'm on is currently not the right one. It seems as if you've studied it out yet still feel no specific answer. The next course of action is to make a choice and pray about that one choice forgetting about all others at the moment. If you're still not feeling good then its not the right choice. You can choose another. I've noticed with all of my prayers that Heavenly Father answers them very specifically-not generally and I receive more powerful answers the more specific I am in my prayers. This may not be true for everyone, but it is for me. (Sometimes I think complacency is of the devil. You don't have to quote me on that one.) Its true that a move is hard on the budget, but you'll have to worry about a budget the rest of your life. I don't regret any choices I made about doing the family thing so young, but if life had turned out differently I'd like to think that I'd have taken advantage of the time to do things I can't do now (or at least until we're retired and lacking energy) like traveling or trying new things. Don't get caught in a rut. Grab life by the horns or whatever the saying is. Really, what will it hurt in the long run? We always learn from our experiences.

KP said...

get your butt over here in AZ!!! :)