Monday, April 20, 2009

Heaven Freezes Over

So some of my college roommates and I have been planning a reunion in Denver for a few months. It was originally scheduled for Valentine's weekend, but was moved to April partially to improve the chances of good weather. Oh, the irony.

I left for the airport Thursday morning (after frantically throwing together a warmer wardrobe when I saw the forecast). Apparently I attract women with small children on airplanes. This experience wasn't quite so traumatic as was the other**. After a short flight I was there!

My flight got in before the other two girls, so I walked around getting sucked in by every solicitor strategically placed throughout the airport. I did finally give Kevin -- if that really was his name -- a dollar to pay for Malaria shots for children in Africa. Hey, I'm not heartless!

That evening was lovely: filled with catching up and eating food...just as I like it! By the next morning, the ground was covered in snow. Refusing to let it get the best of us, we went for pedicures in our flip-flops, which turned out to be the best pedicures any of us had ever had!! (Too bad we had to fly to Colorado to get them!) After a little shopping and dining at the mall, we decided not to push our luck with the weather. Home we went to enjoy the rest of the day indoors.



Saturday was much the same... but we did manage to get to a store to buy supplies to make jewelry. (I should mention here that I've decided to create my own line of jewelry and sell it on the internet. Wish me luck!) We then took some glamour shots (one of my friends is a skilled photographer) just like the good old days in Rexburg!


Sunday was a beautiful, sunny day for flying home. We had a lovely dinner and off we went --each to where we had come from. Magical.

I learned something from this trip -- Don't make any awesome plans for your life... It's probably just gonna snow anyway. Just be sure to keep yourself in good company so it doesn't completely suck when it does!


**See January 2007

5 comments:

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

How fun!
You look SO good Ami!
I miss you lots.
Like, lots, lots.
Can't wait until we're living together in AZ with Shellie.

Brooke said...

Sounds like a grand time to me! I can't wait to see your jewelry. Hopefully there is a family discount. :) I do love jewelry!

So are you moving to AZ? That should be fun if so. And it is closer to Utah!! ha ha

Erin said...

Gorgeous, of course!

The Plaisted's said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait for our Cali trip!! Who lives in CO?

Matt and Angelica said...

Hottie. And I would love to see your jewlery line. I'm excited. Oh and remember, I live in Chicago with Amanda. And we would love to see you if you ever want a roommate reunion extravaganza in the windy city.