Friday, April 3, 2009

Conservation of Appreciation

I was having a conversation with an old friend today and recalled the Law of Conservation of Energy which I was taught in my physics and chemistry classes. The law states that the universe always contains the same amount of energy at all times. Energy is never lost or gained... only transferred.

It occurred to me as we were talking that the same seems to be true about people and their appreciation for other people and things. In the world these days... people seem to have what I would describe as Situational/Social Attention Deficit Disorder (SADD). It is through the frequent SADD cases that the Law of Conservation of Appreciation becomes apparent. At times when it would seem that someone has "lost interest"... in reality the interest of that person has merely shifted or transferred to another person or object. It is my hypothesis that the universe constantly contains the same amount of appreciation. It is neither gained nor lost... but transferred.

2 comments:

whitney said...

Wo...that was deep! I feel...
enlightened!

I'd have to agree with your hypothesis. Any routes for experimentation or is it stuck as a theory since it can never really be proved or dis-proved...?

Mom said...

WOW! Where did that come from? I like it. Have to think about it some more. Love ya!