Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

Due to the 90% chance of rain that was forecast for today, we had our Easter egg hunt for the kids yesterday afternoon. I was busily hiding the brightly-colored (though I think they ought to be brown, green, and grey,) treat-filled eggs. There's a small drainage pipe carrying water from the gutter out into the yard that makes a prime spot for an egg. Before dropping a fully-loaded Easter bomb into the hole, I happened to glance inside. This is what I found...

I appropriately named him "Peter" and moved on (without dropping an egg on him.)
-------------------------
I woke up this morning as I do most Sundays -- took a shower and wandered out to the kitchen to make my protein shake. I decided I must have reached some kind of right of passage as there was no trace of any Easter Bunny droppings...

While drinking my shake I heard some stirring in the kitchen. A few minutes later, Dad came in and said, "Oh, has the Easter Bunny been here?" Not realizing what had just happened, I ignored him and finished my breakfast... but on my way back through the kitchen, this is what I saw:

Can you guess what's in the giant egg? --
You guessed it! The Easter Bunny might have been slow this year, but he sure knows his clientele!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Ha ha. Nice!!! Hope you had a hoppy Easter. ha ha. I crack myself up! Yeah, I know I am lame... :(

Jeremy said...

April and I were sorry to miss the hidding of the eggs this year but still enjoyed the hunting and the fun and games afterward. :) P.S. If you see Peter agian tell him that I would love to give him as a present to my beautiful wife. LOL just kidding!

Matt and Angelica said...

Hi! Hi! I just closed my blog. Just because. I felt I should. What's your e-mail? I would love to send you an invite.