Monday, September 7, 2009

7 Dresses

I think I have crossed into a new phase of life. Last month I turned 24 years old. Two days later I broke out bridesmaid dress #7. That's an average of one dress for every 3.4 years (only counting the times I was an official member of the bridal party.) Now, I know this doesn't quite make me a professional bridesmaid, but I do think I've got the process down pat:
-Get dolled up.
-Smile constantly.
-Try not to ruin any photos.
-Dance enough to be noticed... but don't get crazy.
-Answer politely and laugh it off when people in the reception line ask why you aren't married yet.
-Act happy for the 12 year old girl who catches the bouquet that by all means should have been yours! and...
-It's always polite to help clean up.

This is where the new phase comes in. No one asked why I wasn't married, and no bouquet was even tossed. (Which was more refreshing than the time a bride actually handed me the bouquet because I "deserved it most.") I'm not sure whether it was due to the fact that nobody at this wedding knew me besides the bride, or because there really is some magical line that was crossed at lucky #7. Either way, I had a lovely time.


I may always be a bridesmaid, but I'm getting very good at it. :)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

And look how good you look!! I love ya Ami!

- jeana said...

and you DO take DARLING pictures! :-)

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

you look so cute!!
I'll make you a deal. You don't ask me to be your bridesmaid and I won't ask you.

Sound good?

By the way, I'm super excited to move to AZ (if everything works out like I want it to) and live with you again!

Erin said...

You're gorgeous!

KP said...

love you!
move to az beginning of jan. and you can come to my wedding jan 8 and not have to be a bride's maid!! lol.

Jallin said...

You should take it as a compliment that 7 ladies have considered you that great of a friend that they want you to share their special day with them...me included as I was #7! Love ya Amiga!