Monday, September 21, 2009

Fortunate...

I spent this weekend in Dallas, TX for a young single adult conference. I figured I'd do some last minute soul searching before making big changes and seek further inspiration for my future.

Saturday night dinner was a variety of ethnic dishes...Chinese, Mexican, Indian, Texan, etc. Sunday morning, I went to get a drink and found something stuck between the heel of my foot and my super cute slingback wedge. It was a fortune from a Panda Express fortune cookie that had been carelessly discarded by its original recipient and serendipitously found its way to me. It read:

"You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course."

Revelation? I think so.

6 comments:

Brian and Kelli said...

Good things happened for me in Mesa. :)

Ami said...

Haha... we'll see how it goes. :)

Ami said...

Hmmmm...That quote from President Hinckley I told you I was going to email you...Here it is:

Strengthen By Faith
Ha...this not yourself. It is your mother "speaking"...Just that you were already logged in when I came to the computer and your blog site was up.

Referencing Alma 32:28 President Hinckley said: The FAITH TO TRY leads to direction by the Spirit, and the fruits that flow therefrom are marvelous to behold and experience.

The caps are mine, but I thought of you in your new adventures when I read it this morning!

Brenda said...

You couldn't hear it, but I totally gasped when I read your fortune. It's a sign, maintain course.

Brenda said...

Wait...what's the goal?

Ami said...

Um... whatever it is, I'm on the right track! That should probably be my next train of thought.