Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fancy Free?

Some of you may be thinking to yourselves at this moment, "Was Ami's blog always this fabulous?" No. It wasn't until this evening as I sat at a friend's house watching her create a blog for my sister that I realized how ugly and simple my humble blog has been. My deepest apologies to my readers.

It was in that same moment (when she asked if I had a blog and I was sincerely embarrassed for her to see it) that I began a deep and thorough investigation of the simplicity of life that I've settled into. What other details have I let slide? What lovely little happinesses have I left out? The investigation went as follows:

--- "Wow. My blog is lame. Have people actually been reading that? When was the last time I painted my toenails? Do I shave my legs all the way, or just to the knee? Holy smokes! Look at these split ends! I should eat salmon more often. I love salmon. Why don't I own a pair of hot boots? Would I ever wear boots? I need a new library card. I love photos! I ought to own a camera. I could post the pictures on my blog! Man. My blog is lame." ---

And so we see that this new and improved blog page is not merely a small piece of cyberspace set aside for the rantings of a moderately sarcastic and everlastingly single young woman...but the gateway to a higher level of living. It is my belief* that quality of life is directly related to blog aesthetics.

*This theory has yet to be proven.

13 comments:

Shauna said...

ami! i found your blog through kellies..yay. hope all is well! i miss you!

Brooke said...

Oh I just love you! ha ha. You are hilarious. Love the new blog. So does this mean Brenda or April has a blog now? You will have to inform me or them that I would love to have the address. It was good chatting with you yesterday. Anytime. Anytime, Ami. I would love to pretend like I know what I am talking about if it helps :) he he. But seriously. It was good to hear from you and the offer is always on the table if you wanna come see me! And if you come see me at my blog, you BETTER comment. Even if it is lame. I will love it.

Brooke said...

Okay, so I just got Brenda's so it is all good. Give her mine as well. Thanks bunches. Talk to you soon!

Kristen said...

I LOVE IT! and you should give yourself a little credit for being so funny!:)

The Plaisted's said...

Its so cute! How do you do a cute back ground for the top?

aubree said...

nicHAHAHA ami you are freaking hilarious. haha

Erin said...

I love the new look! A hot pair of boots are a must.

Britanee Walker said...

Hey you! I saw your blog on ashlee's and thought I'd check it out. I love the post-totally cracked me up. How's everything going with you and your family? My mom told me about the updates with Brenda. Keep in touch!

- jeana said...

your new blog is really cute. now i feel like a need to update mine. i love your "moderately sarcastic" comment. me too! :)

Brooke said...

Can I make a request? Thanks! Here it is.....Please update your blog more than once a month! If you could do that, that'd be great! :)

Christopher said...

"rantings of a(n) everlastingly sarcastic and moderately single young woman...but the gateway to a higher level of living."

There, I fixed it for you! ;P

Ami said...

How can you be moderately single?! I'm EXTREMELY single.

Matt and Angelica said...

it's official. i'm in love with you. what an inspiration you are to me. i'm now looking at my blog (and my life) with a new set of eyes. please do not be astounded if in the next few weeks/months. there are some dramatic changes on my blog/in my life. thank for showing me higher heights of living.