Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Losing Game

I have a confession: I am a member of the Wheel of Fortune Wheel Watchers Club. Each evening I enter the bonus puzzle from the aired show in hopes of winning $$ and prizes like the contestants. Each time I watch as someone else's Spin ID is chosen and wonder, "Why not me?"

Last night it hit me.


It seems that every time you see someone win something they say, "Wow, I've never won anything before!" Is that a prerequisite to winning? That you've never won anything before? This got me thinking...

In fifth grade I drew a picture of an elephant in the jungle. There were big, beautiful, flowers, bugs, animals...even a waterfall! I won the Reflections 1st Prize trophy for pencil drawing.

I haven't won anything since.


6 comments:

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

oh my gosh, it's so true! I won the reflections contest in 7th grade (a trip for 2 to Disneyland, by the way!) and I don't recall winning anything since then.

I'm kind of angry now. I would totally trade my previous prize for something like a new car or even cash.

Ami said...

What the... I got a 4 inch tall trophy and you went to Disneyland!?!? Oklahoma is messed.

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Haha, you are hilarious!!!

Mom said...

Hey, Love. Sometimes we "win" when we don't even realize we have been competing. I have SO many "prizes" around me. Everyday I win a prize and everyday I see my "spin ID #" come up somewhere.

You are a particularly wonderful prize to me. I don't know what I would do without you in my "winnings". So, maybe this is just too cheezy, but cheezy can still be accurate.

I love you. Maybe today will bring some of your "prizes".

Brooke said...

ha ha. That is crappy. IF only you had known. You could have turned down that prize and saved it for something else.

If it gives you any hope, I have won a few things in my life. A sega gamegear, a necklace, Jordin Sparks tickets, Martina Mcbride tickets, a photo shoot (that I NEVER got!), several gift certificates to restaurants..... so don't loose hope :)

PS-your mom is a very wise woman! :)

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh!!! I just say your comment. I believe this is a first! You should do it more often. It makes me feel loved :)