Thursday, February 19, 2009

Business/Road Trip

Yesterday I had to go to a 3 hour training meeting in Norman. It was one of those things that you'll do anything to get out of. I spent Tuesday night eating everything I could think of that might give me a stomach ache and tried to develop a hacking cough...to no avail. Alas, I awoke early the next morning and prepared myself for the worst.

The drive there was relatively uneventful. In Norman, we stopped for breakfast at a little French cafe. Afterwards, there was a meeting for the regional managers that three of us didn't have to go to. My boss let us take the car...(She's a brave and trusting soul.)

Our first stop was the Sprint store. My coworker, Shelly, needed a car charger for her phone. While she was checking out, Jennifer and I noticed two of the Sprint workers talking by the door. The guy was asking the girl if she knew the name of a song he was playing from his phone, and the dance that goes along with it. I could tell she was super annoyed so either out of desperation to help her or complete lack of thought I blurted the name of the song. Somehow he even convinced me to do the **dance (mainly because his version was WAY off) after which he proceeded to give us a lecture on the origin and history of the dance, and three other succeeding dances. Oh gosh. We weren't sad to see that Shelly was ready to go.

The rest of our spare two hours were spent at the mall where we met numerous black men of questionable sexuality and bought next to nothing. Our next mission was to wander around Norman looking for a Sonic (which we never found), settling for McDonald's, and barely making it to the meeting on time. The 3 hour meeting is hardly worth mentioning.

On the way home, we stopped at Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar & Grill" in Oklahoma City. It was amazing! There were sports channels on every TV, a hanging disco ball in the shape of a saddle, and plenty of scruffy men checking women out from the bar. The ladies kept insisting that I talk to a tall cowboy in a black Stetson. I know, he sounds dreamy, right?! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he was twice my age. At least. Maybe next time.

By this time, you should all be feeling bad for me and my lame day full of out-of-town meetings. I could go on and on about the fabulous conversations, driving incidences, adventures in the space car... but if you've honestly read this far, I at least owe you the courtesy of ending the post! :o)

**This is the dance...

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Ami- sounds so exciting! Actually, that's way more eventful than anything that's been going on in my life lately! Love the dance. Did you do the spin also? Hee hee.

Lauren MacKenzie Conley said...

that is one of my favorite episodes of fresh prince! miss you.

Mom said...

Next time just ask me for a note to your boss and I'll find you something to do! Love you!

Matt and Angelica said...

Did you really do the dance in the Sprint store? Complete with the lift? You rock.

Ami said...

No lift... just enough hip movement and a galloping lasso spin to embarrass myself. Man, that guy was a PAIN though. We all could have died from an overload of useless information.